Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's beginning to feel a bit like Christmas......la,la,la,la,la......

First Sunday of Advent - I'm singing tonight and all the Advent music has come out. Four weeks of waiting. Four weeks of hoping. Now we can have expectation and excitement for the season. Preparing for the true reason for the season.

Up until this moment (for the last two weeks), I have been an enormous bah humbug about Christmas. There are so many things that are just wrong about what Christmas has become....but that is for a post all of its own.

Shopping for my Secret Santa has shone a little light back on the "season for giving" for me - but that's because it is in secret and its exciting and it will make someone feel special without them knowing its me.

I also know that I only have to drag my body through one more week - four and a half days. I can do that! I'm in charge of three events in that time - but I still have a sense of 'I can do that!' and that's all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment